We’ve passed the half way mark for September, which means that October is coming up pretty quickly. In previous years, the coming of October has meant that some of my favorite bloggers gear up for a full month of posting every day. EVERY day! Have you noticed that in your feeds in years gone by? The Nester, from Nesting Place, started this a few years ago. The idea is that you choose a topic and every day for the entire month of October you write and post about that topic. Last year more than 1200 bloggers took part in the 31 Days of Writing, and this year I’ve decided to join in on the fun.
The hardest part, believe it or not, was choosing a topic. I’m pretty sure now that I’ve chosen a topic, the writing each day is going to be a piece of cake. Oh, I had loads of ideas, but rather than jumping in feet first, without testing the water, I decided to make sure I could think of 31 posts to write about the topic. I’ve actually been working on this for weeks now and FINALLY I have my topic.
Allow me to explain. My kitchen has become my arch nemesis recently. I feel as though I spend more time clearing and cleaning up the kitchen than I do on anything else. There is always something waiting to be dealt with. Obviously something just isn’t working right, and to tame the kitchen beast is going to take a little work and a little time. 31 days should do it!
Here’s my plan.
- determine the most efficient way to keep the kitchen clean to my standards, and figure out how to implement that involving the WHOLE family
- take a good look at how the kitchen cabinets are organized and rework them accordingly
- organize the pantry, fridge, and freezer.
- create a list of deep cleaning tasks that need to be done and figure out when to do them
- get my kitchen binder organized
- figure out something for the breakfast nook
- printables, printables, and more printables.
By the end of October, my goal is to have the kitchen set up in a way that works for my family, to have systems in place that will help me and the fam keep it neat and tidy, and to have a kitchen binder that does more than just hold some recipes. I’m so excited for this, and I can’t wait to share it all with you!
What is one area of your kitchen that you love? What’s one area that you would love to change? Any tips and tricks you want to pass along?