****Apparently, the ‘Save Draft’ button is not the same as the ‘Publish’ button. Who knew? :-) Sorry this didn’t go out yesterday as it was supposed to!****
Yesterday I shared with you all how sometime things get crazy and chaotic in my little world, and I ended the post by telling you that it all lead to some changes happening here on the blog. This blog started when Travis and I decided to start planning a BIG move. It was supposed to be a way to keep family and friends updated on our move planning, and it was going to be a way to share organizing projects, home renos and all that fun stuff that comes with getting a home ready for sale. At the time, we fully expected that it was going to take us a few years.
We knew the general area we wanted to be, but that’s a pretty fair distance. In the end, the move it self was over 1100 km (about 700 miles). Then Travis got the option to transfer, almost immediately after I started the blog, and things went really quickly from there. The move that was going to take years of planning and preparation happened within six months. There was no time for home renos, no time for massive organizing projects, and it was all over really quickly. The original purpose of the blog was over. (Insert sad face) I was sad, really sad. I had so much fun blogging, I didn’t want to stop. So, I just kept plugging along, but I didn’t really have a direction or a purpose.
I guess you could say that the blog was going through some growing pains. In an effort to figure out what direction to go in I started researching blogging. Looking for tips and tricks, the ins the outs, the highs the lows…. and I kind of stuck on one thing: niches. For the past few months I’ve been struggling to figure out my “niche” and it stalled me. There are so many things I want to write about, but finding how they all fit together was impossible. Finally, I decided it was time to stop thinking and just go with what I love, what inspires, what drives … well you get the point. So here is what you can expect to find here in the future.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday are going to be my regular post days.
- Printables: They are staying, and more are coming. Though I’m hoping to get the Printables pages reorganized so that it is easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
- Reader Requests: I love being able to help you get the printable you need/want so this feature is staying. I’m hoping to get a form done up for it to make the process easier for you. Right now the goal is one per month, but that could increase depending on the request volume.
- Organizing posts: I love to organize, and while I may not always be the most organized person on the planet, I love sharing these projects with all of you, especially with you Mom!
- What Works For You: Is coming back! Looks for these posts twice a month on Wednesdays.
- Biblio-Files: I love to read, and I love to share thoughts and ideas on the books I’ve read. This feature is going to be monthly, and I’m thinking of changing it up a little bit from what it was, stay tuned.
- Life Extras: I have a dozen posts I started about random bits of life. I didn’t post them because they didn’t seem to fit. I’m not saying that these will crop up every week or anything, but there will be more of these. This is sort of a broad category, and it’s going to cover everything from parenting to recipes.
I think that’s a good starting point for now. As things progress I’ll probably change things up again, but at the core these are the things I want to share with you all. They are things I live, things I love, or a combination of the two.
Over the next few weeks the blog is getting a little bit of a make-over. As I said above, the printables pages NEED to be organized a little more, and there are some other areas that could use a little love an attention. I can’t wait to jump right in.
Are there any topics or posts you would like to see more of? What would you be sad to see go from the site? What would you not miss at all?